Chamber Chat: Businesses in 2020 - Drug Free Workplace or Drug Safe Haven
Join us for this FREE workshop which will:
1. Address the growing challenge of drug trafficking across Georgia's counties and cities.
2. Address the difficulties in attacking the supply side of America's drug problem.
3. Emphasize the importance of addressing the demand side of the problem.
4. Point out that the largest concentration of demand for drugs is in the American workplace.
5. Explain the 5 steps required for drug free certification in GA which qualifies a company for the state-mandated 7.5% discount on workers' compensation insurance.
1. Understand the challenges that businesses face in the current business climate.
2. Explain to employer's the importance of and need for the business community's involvement in substance abuse prevention.
3. Describe the requirements (steps) involved in state certification as a drug-free workplace.
4. Assist companies in achieving state certification as a drug free workplace.
Based on the contents of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Summarize why it is so important for businesses to be engaged in substance abuse prevention.
2. Describe how to obtain certification as a drug free workplace for their organization.
3. Provide recommendations to other companies in their surrounding area of the importance of achieving a drug free certification and being a part of a drug free community.
More about our speaker, Chris Manning:
Mr. Manning is the Associate Executive Director of the 50+ year old nonprofit The Council on Alcohol and Drugs. Over the last 25 years, he has had the opportunity to work in the Military, DOD, Local Government, Private and currently the Non-Profit sector serving private businesses.
Chastain & Associates
University of Georgia
Johnson & Johnson
Friends of the Chamber